In 1991, Henri d’Origny was asked to create a square watch, but he had a personal preference for rectangles. Cape Cod turned out to be a square watch in a rectangle, featuring a case shape and dial font inspired by the Chaîned’ancre motif. It was in 1998 that the double tour strap, created for the Maison by Martin Margiela, propelled this bold creation to the rank of watch industry icon.
HERMÈS CAPE COD DIAMOND GEM SET STEEL
- Size: small model PM
- Case: steel set with 50 diamonds (1.25 ct), 23 x 23 mm
- Anti-glare sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant to 3 bar. Avoid all contact with water while wearing your Hermes leather watch.
- Dial: natural white mother-of-pearl
- Movement: quartz, made in Switzerland
- Functions: hour, minute
- Bracelet: Available with orange or taupe smooth calf strap.